Friday, April 8, 2016

The hornbeams have landed

Our seven hornbeams arrived the last week of March and are now, hopefully, enjoying their new home. We've had a bit of a cold snap and this weekend it is supposed to get down to 27 degrees. I assume they will be okay. They are a little too big to cover with a sheet.

Even though the bamboo frames used to pleach the trees look like you could string power lines from them, I like them for two reasons: 1) they show how fantastic the hornbeams will be at screening our view and offering more privacy; and 2) the birds love to perch on them. I love the fact that we will be providing a place for birds to hang out.






 



2 comments:

  1. Imagine a squeal of delight coming from an hour south of you, as I discovered that there are new posts here!! I loved following the house renovation, and now I can delight in the transformation of your yard. I've already told you that I love your choices inside, and the ones outside look to be just as lovely ... good call with the hornbeams, giving your neighbor's big window something green to look at (instead of looking OVER their fence and INTO your house.)

    Believe it or not, old chainlink fence is a dream of mine for a garden that I am itching to install here. One day, when the time is right, it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you are excited. Since John is the gardener in the house, I am surprised by how excited I am to see it get underway.

    ReplyDelete